Application form for all posts can be downloaded: here
Housing Association Opportunities
Cardiff YMCA Housing Association is a homelessness charity.
It is currently recruiting for the following two positions in its hostel in Roath, Cardiff.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOMESTIC ASSISTANT X2
To provide a clean and safe environment for service users and staff.
Location: YMCA Roath, Cardiff / 37 ½ hours per week / Starting salary: £16,781
Monday – Sunday rota between 7am – 7pm (5 days out of 7)
Example of shifts: 7am-3pm, 11am-7pm
Location: YMCA Roath, Cardiff / 20 hours per week / Starting salary: £16,781 (pro-rata)
Monday – Sunday rota
Days and times to be agreed, however must be available between 7am-7pm
Job Title: Domestic
Directly Responsible To: Senior Housing Support Officer
Purpose of Job: To provide a clean and safe environment for service users, staff and members of the public.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be familiar with all the procedures, policies and task instructions of the Domestic department and organisation and to adhere to them at all times.
- To carry out a daily cleaning programme, including communal and public areas, ensuring required standards are maintained.
- To prepare vacated accommodation for re-let, reporting any areas of concern.
- To collect used bed linen on laundry days and replace with clean.
- To be responsible for removal and storage of ex-residents’ belongings.
- To assist with monthly room checks, reporting any maintenance and/or health and safety issues.
- To assist with additional cleaning/ “spring cleaning” duties as required and requested including other properties managed by the YMCA.
- To liaise daily with the Housing Team and advise as soon as possible of any concerns regarding service users, security and maintenance issues.
- To attend team meetings, organisational meetings, work reviews and training sessions as required.
- To adhere to health and safety policies and procedures, including reporting maintenance issues and making safe any hazardous area.
- To respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and its values.
- From time to time it may be necessary to undertake other duties not detailed above, but appropriate to the smooth running of the Association.
Closing date for applications: 5pm 21st May 2018, interviews will be held on 25th May 2018
Applicants will only be contacted if they are successful in securing an interview.
YMCA Cardiff is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other class protected by law.
Youth & Community Opportunities
Please click on the below images to read full details of the Young Carers Life Skills Worker role.
All completed application forms for this role should be returned to email@example.com by 25th June 2018.