VACANCY – YMCA NEWPORT
Receptionist for YMCA Newport
Be part of the YMCA team that has been in existence since 1852!
Are you looking for a development opportunity?
We have the following vacancy available:
Location: YMCA Newport, Mendalgief Road, Newport
Hours: 30.0 hours per week, Mon-Sun shifts between the hours of 07:00 – 22:00
Salary: National Minimum Wage Per Hour
Post: The post holder will be required to act as the first point of contact and assistance for all visitors and customers, acting in a professional manner at all times.
The closing date for is midday on Friday 26th January 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing 29th January 2018.
Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact Sharon Vargas (Head of HR) on 02920 468540 or email email@example.com
An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
YMCA Newport is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other class protected by law.
RESPONSIBLE TO:- Head of YMCA Newport
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be familiar with all the procedures, policies and task instructions of the role and the organisation and to adhere to them at all times.
- To operate the telephone switchboard in a professional manner, ensuring that messages are clearly recorded and promptly forwarded.
- To ensure that the bookings procedure is followed correctly, including records of how payment will be made to the organisation.
- To record and distribute internal and external mail accurately as per procedure.
- To carry out administrative duties as stated in job role task instructions, in addition to assisting other departments as authorised by department managers.
- To ensure an accurate record is maintained of keys issued and visitors to the building, being aware of organisational policies and procedures regarding health and safety, security and integrity of confidential information.
- To assist with room preparation as required, ensuring the requested layout and facilities are catered for and if necessary liaising with the event organiser.
- To ensure that the building and external gates are opened on time and securely locked at the end of the day when on.
- To carry out basic catering requirements (i.e. preparation of tea, coffee, water jugs and biscuits) when required.
- To attend Facilities Team meetings, organisational meetings, work reviews and training sessions as required and requested by management.
- To act as a representative at internal and external meetings as requested by management.
- To advise management as soon as possible of any issues of concern.
- To adhere to health and safety policies and procedures, including reporting maintenance and domestic issues and assistance with first aid as required.
- To respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and its values.
- From time to time it may be necessary to undertake other duties not detailed above, but appropriate to the smooth running of the Association
JOB TITLE: Receptionist
|NVQ Customer Services||ü|
|GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths||ü|
|KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE|
|Experience working in a similar field (e.g. reception)||ü|
|Understanding of local community and its needs.||ü|
|Good literacy skills||ü|
|Good numeracy skills||ü|
|Good verbal communication skills||ü|
|Accurate record keeping||ü|
|Ability to work independently and as part of a team||ü|
|Ability to work unsupervised||ü|
|Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds||ü|
|Ability to remain calm under pressure||ü|
|Professional approach to confidentiality, boundaries and anti-discriminatory practice||ü|
|Reliable, dependable, punctual and flexible||ü|
|To respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values||ü|
|Be able to demonstrate our core values of respect, empathy and equality in daily work||ü|