Providing a home and personalised support services for a fresh start in life.
Our main hostel accommodation at The Walk is an 81 bed project. In addition to this we also have a 40 bed project at the Ambassador in Oakfield Street which is made up of 35 hostel rooms (including 2 pet rooms), 3 pod spaces and 2 emergency beds.
We provide temporary accommodation for homeless people of both sexes, all ages and various backgrounds. We also provide support to our residents in their search for permanent accommodation and focus on improving self-esteem, develop skills and provide support, advice and advocacy around development, training, volunteering, employment, life skills and activities as required
Some of our accommodation is accessible for people with disabilities and includes wheelchair access. We also have two pet rooms.
Referrals into our projects is made by the local authorities’ Housing Options Centre Gateway team but can also be accessed through the Outreach Team, The Bus Project or any other agency working with someone that is homeless.
PRS (Private Rented Scheme)
The YMCA runs a very successful Private Rented Scheme. The scheme has enabled us to provide an additional housing option to meet the move-on needs of our service users.
YMCA Cardiff currently accommodate over 112 service users in supported accommodation provision, who have low support needs, experiencing homelessness and are ready to move into independent accommodation.
We partner and manage properties for external landlords and other agencies in the sector. If you are searching for full property management with small fees, please get in touch on the details below.
- YMCA Cardiff aim to offer landlords transparency and peace of mind that their investments are being effectively managed by an experienced private rented sector team.
- Managing a property involves numerous tasks, such as contract holder screening, rent collection, maintenance coordination, and managing contract holders issues. YMCA Cardiff can relieve landlords of these responsibilities for a small percentage fee.
- YMCA Cardiff support all contract holders prior to moving into your property, which includes completion of a tenancy ready programme.
- Bi-annual property checks carried out by YMCA Cardiff.
- YMCA Cardiff have a good relationship with the benefit agency and able to arrange direct payments.
- YMCA Cardiff are in the position to offer landlords certificates for Bond and Rent in advance, or cash as an alternative.
- YMCA Cardiff have an experienced private rented scheme team that are dedicated to managing properties within the community. The team offers lifetime support to all contract holders.