POST: Fundraising Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Income Generation
HOURS: 22.5 hours per week, evening and weekends will be required on some occasions
- To provide temporary hostel accommodation to homeless people
- To develop a range of accommodation options and individual capacity building
- To manage the Association and its projects with good practice and within statutory guidance.
- To initiate, build and maintain purposeful relationships with young people
- Encourage young people to broaden their horizons to be effective citizens
- To support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge
- Support young people to identify and achieve aims so that they may reach their full potential
Because we CARE and have COMPASSION, we want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our aim is to EMPOWER and SUPPORT people.
We do this with RESPECT and EMPATHY, mindful of the EQUALITY of all.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To support the Director of Income Generation to raise vital funds across varied income streams to enable us to continue to support our residents, young people and communities to hope, belong, contribute and thrive. Undertaking all activities in line with best practice standards and processes as set out by the Fundraising Code of Practice and industry regulatory bodies.
You will be responsible for marketing and promoting the work of YMCA Cardiff, supporting the development of engaging and cause-driven fundraising events, activities and campaigns and building and maintaining relationships with supporters, donors and volunteers.
Your key focus is to:
- Promote and grow the YMCA Cardiff Group brand.
- Provide administrative and operational support related to income generation and marketing.
- Build up a varied network of relationships e.g. volunteers, donors, internal staff and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to developing strategies to grow the charities’ income.
- To promote and grow the YMCA Cardiff Group brand. Specific responsibilities:
- To plan, prepare and manage the publication and distribution of publicity materials
- To consistently produce and publish engaging content for multiple media channels including social media, website, press and newsletters.
- To create digital content to build engaging marketing campaigns that maximise traffic and interaction and build brand awareness.
- To development and day to day management of the website, ensuring that it is up to date and fit for purpose.
- To ensure all materials are accurate and compliant with brand guidelines, relevant GDPR protection and Gift Aid legislation,
- To provide administrative and operational support related to income generation and marketing. Specific responsibilities:
- To write, edit and proofread marketing material for use in different channels
- To use data to analyse effectiveness of marketing activity and inform future campaigns; and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns against agreed KPIs.
- To improve data capture for marketing and fundraising purposes, ensuring data use is compliant with GDPR.
- Plan and maintain a communications content calendar taking into account key moments for the charity, housing and youth sectors.
- To maintain the Supporter Database – processing income information and accurately input all required data (e.g. contact preferences, address changes, returned mail, Gift Aid declarations and sponsorship forms in line with HMRC guidelines) to keep records up-to-date.
- To create and maintain a catalogue of up-to-date service user case studies and quotes.
- To build up a varied network of relationships e.g. volunteers, donors, internal staff and other key stakeholders. Specific responsibilities:
- To identify PR opportunities, write press releases and pitch stories to journalists and media outlets. Ensuring PR activities are aligned with the organisation’s strategy and supports key objectives.
- To undertake market research and establish the best way to reach target groups.
- To be the first point of contact for existing supporters and new supporters who respond to our fundraising activities by phone, email, post or in person, whilst offering excellent service and looking for opportunities to go the extra mile to connect the supporter with the organisation.
- To design, develop, lead and attend non-profit events focusing on increasing participation, awareness, engagement and networking with relevant stakeholders,
- With support from the Director of Income Generation, develop, implement and manage a high-quality supporter care system, including creating a journey to respond, thank and update our donors, sponsors and fundraisers on the impact and importance of their support.
- To build and establish strong relationships with donors, staff, volunteers and the media
- To contribute to developing strategies to grow the charities’ income. Specific responsibilities
- Working with the Director of Income Generation, to create and implement a marketing strategy to support YMCA Cardiff Group in achieving strategic fundraising objectives.
- To source information, supplier quotes and supporting evidence for the purposes of fundraising.
- To embed legacy giving campaigns into our fundraising approach
- 5. To carry out other duties that reasonably fall within the scope of the post: –
- Responding to emergencies / crisis.
- To engage in non-institutional work practices and promote good practice, ensuring that key elements of a psychologically informed environment and solution focussed, person centred approach is adhered to.
- Attendance at meetings deemed appropriate by the Director of Income Generation.
- You must work constructively with other departments within the YMCA Cardiff Group.
- Participation in training and supervision.
- Assisting with jobs that usually fall to another member of staff but in whose absence, failure to carry out the work would present a risk or offence to others or would be detrimental to the organisations’ service provision.
- To adhere to and be aware of the associations policies and procedures, including GDPR, code of conduct, Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- To be able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values
- Fundraising/marketing qualification or relevant experience
- Experience of working to budgets and plans
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Knowledge of all social media platforms
- Experience of using an e-marketing system, such as Mailchimp
- Experience of Canva
- IT literate in all major Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently under own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to develop internal and external working relationships
- Self-starter with enthusiasm and creativity
- Excellent written, verbal and telephonic communication skills.
- Able to engage audiences using a range of communication tools
- Direct marketing skills: devising and delivering social media and print campaigns
- Well organised and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Proactive nature and solution seeker
- Able to respect and demonstrate the Associations core values: Respect – Equality – Empathy in daily work
- Experience of using Google Analytics, Online user journey planning, SEO optimisation and keyword planning
- Experience in attracting and retaining supporters
- Experience in a charitable organisation or similar
- Knowledge of YMCA Cardiff, its work and ethos