RESPONSIBLE TO: Centre Manager.
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Sunday, including evenings.
SALARY: Starting at £18,933 per annum.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist in the day-to-day running of YMCA Plas. As Centre Assistant you will ensure that all service users are accommodated in an appropriate and timely manner, and the centre operating for the wider community use.
To maintain a clean and safe environment for service users and staff and to ensure that conference rooms and facilities are set-up to the required layout and standard. To ensure that the premises is secure and any concerns highlighted.
1. To be familiar with all the procedures, policies and task instructions of the department and organisation and to adhere to them at all times.
2. To assist in reception duties by undertaking enquiries, complaints, bookings, cash handling and administrative tasks as and when required.
3. To prepare rooms ensuring the requested layout and facilities are catered for and if necessary liaising with the event organiser.
4. To assist in the daily cleaning programme and additional cleaning/“spring clean” duties, including internal and external communal and public areas, ensuring required standards are maintained.
5. To help establish the timetable of activities/hire within the Centre and to assemble and dissemble equipment promptly and safely ensuring equipment is safely stored and secured.
6. To ensure adequate stock is available in the vending machines and replenish as required.
7. To carry out basic catering requirements ( ie preparation of tea coffee, water jugs and biscuits) when required.
8. To liaise with the Centre Manager and advise as soon as possible of any concerns regarding service users, security and maintenance issues.
9. To help, implement and monitor new developments and collate service outcomes within the Centre.
10. To attend team meetings, organisational meetings, work reviews and training sessions as required and requested by management.
11. To adhere to health and safety policies and procedures, including reporting maintenance issues and making safe any hazardous area.
12. To respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and its values.
13. From time to time it may be necessary to undertake other duties not detailed above, but appropriate to the smooth running of the Centre.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: download full specification here
The closing date for application is 5th August 2022. Successful applicants at the first stage of interview will be invited to progress to the second stage where you will attend a trial shift with our Project Team.
Applicants will only be contacted if they are successful in securing an interview.
To join our team and for further job details, job description, person specification and online application form please go to our website at www.ymcacardiff.wales
If you have any questions please contact Laura Taylor (HR Administrator) on 02920465250
An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
YMCA Cardiff is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other class protected by law.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Be part of the YMCA team that has been in existence since 1852!
- Investors In People Gold organisation
- Generous pension scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Registered with Perkbox, giving access to discounts and peer recognition
- Online HR system giving access to book your annual leave from a mobile/tablet
- Group team days
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
“Always being encouraged to try new things to develop and broaden my skills – there are opportunities if I want to progress”
“I love working here – love the job, love the people and love the atmosphere”.