Children’s Wellbeing Officer
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Y’s Girls Project Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, to work between the hours of 9am – 10pm Monday to Sunday, (flexibility is expected to suit the needs of the project and young people).
SALARY: £22,725 per annum
CONTRACT: Temporary until March 2022
- To initiate, build and maintain purposeful relationships with children and
- Encourage children and young people to broaden their horizons to be
- To support children & young people in their understanding of risk and
- Support children and young people to identify and achieve aims so that
they may reach their full potential.
Because we CARE and have COMPASSION we want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our aim is to EMPOWER and SUPPORT people.
We do this with RESPECT and EMPATHY, mindful of the EQUALITY of all.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To support vulnerable children involved in Families First Services (aged 5 – 11 years) and their families / carers, across the Vale of Glamorgan, to improve their wellbeing and resilience to aid their emotional and mental health and reach their full potential.
JOB DESCRIPTION/PERSON SPECIFICATION: Download here
Applicants will only be contacted if they are successful in securing an interview.
To join our team and for further job details, job description, person specification and online application form please go to our website at www.ymcacardiff.wales.
If you have any questions please contact Kirstie Edwards (Y’s Girls Project Manager) on 02920 465250.
A DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
YMCA Cardiff is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other class protected by law.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Be part of the YMCA team that has been in existence since 1852!
- Investors In People Platinum organisation
- Generous pension scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Registered with Perkbox, giving access to discounts and peer recognition
- Online HR system giving access to book your annual leave from a mobile/tablet
- Group team days
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
“Always being encouraged to try new things to develop and broaden my skills – there are opportunities if I want to progress”
“I love working here – love the job, love the people and love the atmosphere”.