JOB TITLE: Night Services Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Night Services Officer.
HOURS: Average of 38.5 hours per week on a 4 week rota, covering Monday to Sunday including bank holidays. Shift times are 8pm to 7.30am.
CONTRACT: Full-time permanent.
SALARY: £20,780 (£10.38 per hour) – scale 5.
1. To provide temporary direct access accommodation to homeless people.
2. To offer advice and support to residents so that they may move on to permanent or more appropriate housing.
3. To respond flexibly to changing priorities, developing innovative schemes to respond to emerging need.
Because we CARE and have COMPASSION we want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our aim is to EMPOWER and SUPPORT people.
We do this with RESPECT and EMPATHY, mindful of the EQUALITY of all.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Working in a team where you will provide security of the building and ensure the safety and wellbeing of our service users throughout the shift times. You will be the first point of contact for service users, members of the public and staff out of hours, where you will deal sensitively to situations as they arise such as responding and dealing with disruption in a psychologically informed manner. You will provide assistance in all areas of our service including but not limited to maintenance, domestic and catering.
1. To be part of a team that is the first point of contact within YMCA Cardiff Group. Specific responsibilities:
a) To operate the telephone switchboard in a professional manner ensuring all enquiries are dealt with and messages are recorded accurately and promptly forwarded
b) To ensure accurate records are maintained of service users keys and all visitors are signed in /out of the building
c) To ensure that essential information is accurately recorded and communicated with the incoming shift
d) To deal with critical incidents in line with our policy and procedures
e) To take a lead role in the event of a fire emergency
2. To provide security and ensure the safety and wellbeing of its occupants:
a) To be aware of and implement all fire procedures including evacuation of the building in the event of a fire
b) To conduct regular safety and security checks, reporting any health & safety concerns
c) To deal with critical incidents in line with our policies and procedures
d) To comply with the organisational CCTV and GDPR policy
3. To assist with the provision of services: –
a) To assist with the day to day upkeep of general cleanliness of the hostel; offices and communal areas
b) To assist with specified maintenance tasks, such as the changing of door locks as instructed
c) To assist in the preparation of the morning catering provision
d) To assist with engagement surveys.
4. To carry out other duties that reasonably fall within the scope of the post: –
a) Responding to emergencies / crisis.
b) Attendance at meetings and training as deemed appropriate
c) Assisting with jobs that usually fall to another member of staff but in whose absence, failure to carry out the work would present a risk or offence to others or would be detrimental to the organisations’ service provision.
d) To adhere to and be aware off the Associations Policies and Procedures, including GDPR, Staff code of conduct, Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities.
e) To be able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION Night Services Officer
- Experience of working in a similar field
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds
- People focused and non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to manage difficult situations and challenging behavior
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to good practice standards
- Positive approach to change / innovation
- Professional approach to confidentiality; boundaries and anti-discriminatory practice
- Able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values
- Commitment to co-operative working and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Reliable / dependable
- NVQ in Customer Service
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths
- Understanding of homelessness and housing problems
- SIA Badge holder with security experience
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Driver with own transport
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability