POST: YMCA Plas Centre Assistant – sessional
RESPONSIBLE TO: Centre Manager / Director of Housing & Communities
HOURS: As required (part-time, zero hours contract)
SALARY: From £11.85 per hour
1. To initiate, build and maintain purposeful relationships with young people
2. Encourage young people to broaden their horizons to be effective citizens
3. To support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge
4. Support young people to identify and achieve aims so that they may reach their full potential
Because we CARE and have COMPASSION we want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our aim is to EMPOWER and SUPPORT people.
We do this with RESPECT and EMPATHY, mindful of the EQUALITY of all.
To assist in the day-to-day running of YMCA Plas. As Centre Assistant you will ensure that all customers are accommodated in an appropriate and timely manner, and the centre operating for the wider community use.
To maintain a clean and safe environment for service users and staff and to ensure that conference rooms and facilities are set-up to the required layout and standard. To ensure that the premises is secure and any concerns highlighted.
· Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
· Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable centre environment.
· Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required.
· Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care.
· Resolving customers’ problems, including situations where there is disagreement over the actions and outcomes involved.
· Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
· Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
· Accurately filling in forms or reports relating to their normal duties.
· Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role.
· Working within the job role description at this level, recognising the standards and professional limitations.
First Aid qualification
Basic Literacy Skills
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
Working with a customer service environment
Respect and understanding for health and safety including risk related issues.
Liaising with External Agencies
People focused and non-judgmental attitude
Ability to prioritise and manage own workload and time
Good negotiating skills
Ability to make decisions
Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written skills
Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds
Ability to manage difficult situations/crisis
Ability to manage conflict and change
Commitment to effective service delivery
Commitment to good practice standards
Positive approach to change / innovation
Able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values
Commitment to co-operative working and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
Professional approach to confidentiality, boundaries and anti-discriminatory practice
Reliable / dependable
Flexible working ability to work weekends and evenings due to the nature of the post
Be able to respect and demonstrate the Associations core values : Respect – Equality – Empathy in daily work
Ability to communicate in Welsh