Sessional Centre Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Centre Manager/Head of Youth & Community
CONTRACT: Zero hours contract
SALARY: Minimum wage
- To initiate, build and maintain purposeful relationships with
- Encourage young people to broaden their horizons to be
- To support young people in their understanding of risk and
- Support young people to identify and achieve aims so that
they may reach their full potential
Because we CARE and have COMPASSION we want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our aim is to EMPOWER and SUPPORT people.
We do this with RESPECT and EMPATHY, mindful of the EQUALITY of all.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To assist in the day-to-day running of YMCA Plas. As Centre Assistant you will ensure that all customers are accommodated in an appropriate and timely manner, and the centre operating for the wider community use. To maintain a clean and safe environment for service users and staff and to ensure that conference rooms and facilities are set-up to the required layout and standard. To ensure that the premises is secure and any concerns highlighted.
JOB DESCRIPTION/PERSON SPECIFICATION: Download here
- Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
- Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable centre environment.
- Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required.
- Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care.
- Resolving customers’ problems, including situations where there is disagreement over the actions and outcomes involved.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
- Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
- Accurately filling in forms or reports relating to their normal duties.
- Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role.
- Working within the job role description at this level, recognising the standards and professional limitations.
YMCA Cardiff is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other class protected by law.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Be part of the YMCA team that has been in existence since 1852!
- Investors In People Platinum organisation
- Generous pension scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Registered with Perkbox, giving access to discounts and peer recognition
- Online HR system giving access to book your annual leave from a mobile/tablet
- Group team days
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
“Always being encouraged to try new things to develop and broaden my skills – there are opportunities if I want to progress”
“I love working here – love the job, love the people and love the atmosphere”.