RESPONSIBLE TO: Community Services Manager
HOURS: 18 hours per week 4pm-10pm, 3 evenings per week Monday to Wednesday, (flexibility is expected to suit the needs of the project and young people)
SALARY: £11.85 Per Hour
- To initiate, build and maintain purposeful relationships with young people
- Encourage young people to broaden their horizons to be effective citizens
- To support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge
- Support young people to identify and achieve aims so that they may reach their full potential
Because we CARE and have COMPASSION we want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Our aim is to EMPOWER and SUPPORT people.
We do this with RESPECT and EMPATHY, mindful of the EQUALITY of all.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To plan and deliver youth activities in collaboration with the young people and youth work team.
The closing date for application is 29th July 2022. Successful applicants at the first stage of interview will be invited to progress to the second stage where you will attend a trial shift with our Project Team.
Applicants will only be contacted if they are successful in securing an interview.
To join our team and for further job details, job description, person specification and online application form please go to our website at www.ymcacardiff.wales
If you have any questions please contact Laura Taylor (HR Administrator) on 02920465250
An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
YMCA Cardiff is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other class protected by law.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Be part of the YMCA team that has been in existence since 1852!
- Investors In People Gold organisation
- Generous pension scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Registered with Perkbox, giving access to discounts and peer recognition
- Online HR system giving access to book your annual leave from a mobile/tablet
- Group team days
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
“Always being encouraged to try new things to develop and broaden my skills – there are opportunities if I want to progress”
“I love working here – love the job, love the people and love the atmosphere”.